Monday 31 March 2014

Why Articleship is Important

Balance between Articleship and your studies (Helps understand various subjects like Direct Taxes, Accounting, Finance, Indirect Taxes, Helps to handle pressure situations)
Exposure to Finance and Practical Accounting: The articleship is the most crucial part of CA programme. Students get excellent exposure to various areas of finance and accounting. It would be difficult to swim in the accounting world, if you don’t have a hand-on-experience. - CA Maitreyee Rajput, 1st Rank, CA Final, November 2011
Building Confidence and Handle Pressure Situations, helps technical and conceptual understanding: Practical experience gained during Articleship really helped during the preparation of CA final exam. It helped in building the confidence required to handle and sustain pressure situations, how to meet deadlines and managing time effectively. These qualities acquired at the workplace were very helpful in studies straightaway. Doing an articleship sincerely did help a lot not only in developing technical understanding and conceptual clarity of the subjects we studied.  - CA Pawan Sarda, 2nd Rank, CA Final, November 2011
Helps understand complex theoretical Concepts: Some people ignore Articleship to focus on theory subjects. But I took articleship very seriously and it enhanced my practical knowledge and its applicability.  It also helped me to understand complex theoretical concepts. - CA Arti Jain, 2nd Rank, CA Final, November 2011.
Articleship plays a very important role in CA student’s life because I got much benefit in subjects like DT, IDT because there you can get practical exposure in office. It was something very brilliant especially in Direct tax, IDT. So, articleship plays a very important role. - CA Gaurav Shrawagi, 1st Rank, CA Final, November 2013
Coping up with Articleship phase and its importance– CA Charmy Sheth, 3rd Rank, CA Final, November 2011:
My articleship at Purvesh & Associates, Borivali, Mumbai was icing on the cake – It gave me practical exposure on audit and taxation. The audit and income tax paper was a breeze. My boss, who is also an All India ranker was a great motivator at work. Positive colleagues and meeting clients helped me gain confidence. Indeed, I got a good grip on the subject and work life. But at the end of the end, both coaching and articleship is important, but it is supplementary.
On an average I spent 15 hours starting from college and ending at office. The schedule was very hectic at times as office comes with endless responsibilities. To prove myself at both places was a real challenge. I never wanted to compromise one for the other. So, I made sure that I attended my college lectures regularly. Luckily, it was not a lonely journey – as 90% were CA students in my college (Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai). We shared similar sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment