Monday 31 March 2014

Facing the Exams

Facing the exams
(Solve Everything, write every answer and Devote Calculated time to each question)
CA Pawan Sarda, 2nd Rank, CA Final, November 2011: We need to solve everything of the Question Paper because even if you don’t know the answer you can at least write something, there will be hardly anything in the paper which you will be completely blank about.
One more thing was that those 3 hours during the exams are very crucial. Whatever you study during those one or two years won’t does not count if you do not do well in the 3 hours. So, I had planned that if you have 180 minutes for 100 marks paper, you have 1.8 minutes for each mark and hence, you can calculate for a 5 mark question you have 9 minutes in hand, for 10 marks question you have 18 minutes. So, while giving the answers we can keep a track of time of how much paper is completed and how much is remaining and accordingly we give importance to each and every mark. This is very important because if you skip 15-20 marks paper unattended then automatically the examiner will assess you on 80-85 marks. If you have attended 95-100 marks, naturally there are more chances of getting higher scores.

Yoga Exercies and Pranayam Helps, Keep Cool and Calm before going to exam hall: CA Charmy Sheth, 3rd Rank, CA Final, November 2011: “My regular yoga exercises helped me release out all worries. I used to do pranayams before I left for exam.  I was very calm, relaxed during my exams. I would not carry any materials to my exam hall. I would rather break my calm cycle if I start flipping pages at my exam hall. I believe you just have to give your best and rest will fall in its place.”
CA Gaurav Shrawagi, 1st Rank, CA Final, November 2013.

Sequence of Attempting in papers: “I always used to do those questions which I was very confident of. I didn’t follow the questions serially. I used to start with only that question which I was very confident of because once you start writing question it helps saving time and in solving those other questions later. So, I used to start with those questions that were very easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment