Monday 31 March 2014

Inspiring Stories of CAs - First Story - Prema Jayakumar

CA Prema Jayakumar (CA Final 1st Ranker, Nov’ 2012)
Let me put some facts to the reader and then will proceed for lessons out of the same.
Ms. Prema is from very normal family of four family members, her parents and her younger brother. Her father Jayakumar Perumal is from Tamil Nadu, and was an auto driver for 20 years. Her mother used to work for a private company. She later stopped working later on for health reasons. They lived in a very small house in Malad, Mumbai (India).

With these given facts, it’s very easy to make you think on this. This case really inspires me at this very moment (even though its almost five years I have cleared my CA). This story really motivates me to believe that if you want to give your 100% to something, then you can achieve anything. Not just studies but for me, it is a lifetime lesson, a true inspiration. A candidate with moderate amount of available resources but abundance of confidence and dedication can of course create history. This gives me at least a fair bit of idea about the motive behind her hard work. Am sure she would be working hard in studies just to see her family a lot happier at later stage when she becomes a chartered accountant. This has served as a great motivator for her. I have seen many chartered accountants studying in my hostel had this purpose in their mind, to make their family so richer and happier that they would never have imagined as possible (To admit, I was one of them). This one thought of making others happier (especially parents) can move mountains. Based on this thought, all other things are just branches of the big tree. If you are firm on the grounds on which your actions are based, all other thing happens automatically.


“Faith allows things to happen, it is the power that comes from a fearless heart and when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen. (Shared this message which I happen to receive from one of my friend at the time when I was typing this article)

Important Pages you may want to go through. 
January 23, 2013 Livemint Article Heading "Prema Jayakumar's Journey"
http://www.livemint.com/Specials/DKVaMP7Vo8pL6FzP25SqfN/Prema-Jayakumars-journey.html

Short Interview on ABP News. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YzcPOy6gd8&noredirect=1

Video Interview with Mid-Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRRZOqJ7fXQ


No comments:

Post a Comment